Friday, July 8, 2011

For some of you, this is where it gets interesting

There are a few wrinkles in this story that may start some juices flowing for those techno-geeks among you looking for self-sustaining synergy that can only be found in a Quonset hut. We plan to bring home construction to a whole new level by making certain features, unique to Quonset huts, produce multiple benefits:
  • Benefit #1: Free Air Conditioning & Heating - using the unique corrugations in the galvanized skin of our Quonset, we will circulate heated and cooled air throughout the building using only the power of the sun's heat. 
  • Benefit #2: Free Hot Water - Solar heated water is not new, but it's never been cheaper or easier. 
  • Benefit #3: Free Electricity - Photovoltaic-charged battery systems without the high cost of expensive PV panels. 
  • Benefit #4: Free Water -The Quonset hut's skin design makes it ideal for collecting and directing rain water, and even dew, to your cistern or reservoir.
  • Benefit #5: Free Groceries - Okay, maybe that's going a little too far. But we do plan to surround our home with permaculture gardens, so maybe there will be some 'free' groceries.
Our goal is to be off-grid as much as possible without sacrificing basic comforts in our quest for a passive life-support system.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making this blog spot! My husband and I have the same dream of building a self-sufficient quonset home & your blog is inspiring. It's nice to know that there are other people out there that see the benefits of living in a quonset house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you explain "Photovoltaic-charged battery systems without the high cost of expensive PV panels"? How do you charge a battery with Photovoltaics without panels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin Lee after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr. Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin Lee via
    WhatsApp : + 1-989-394-3740
    Email: 247officedept@gmail.com.
    { I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST FRIENDS }

    ReplyDelete